Are you worried about the numbers that come out from your printer’s display panel while you are using your HP printers? Well, these can be HP printer error codes. You don’t have to worry about them as there are solutions to such errors. Want to know more about what these error codes are and see how they can be solved?
HP printer error codes to watch out for
Some of the most common printer error codes that can pop out your computer screens (or your HP printer’s display panel) are due to paper problems. There are those that result from use of wrong HP supplies.
1. Error 10. This denotes “Supplies Memory Error”. This error actually comes out depending on your printer model. This is caused by the printer having problems with the memory chip. The simplest way to solve this problem is to reset the printer settings by turning the printer off and on.
2. Error 11. This printer error code means “Paper Out”. The problem with this is it appears even if you have loaded the paper on the tray. To solve this, you have to check the problem and see to it that the paper is loaded correctly. Sometimes, this can also be a result of HP ink or toner build-up on the sides of the paper tray so better check on that too.
3. Error 12. This is a code for “Open or No EP Cartridge.” If this printer error code shows up on the screen, it means that the top cover is open. This can be a result of defective toner cartridges, cooling fans or PS5 sensors. You should then check where the defect is coming from and replace the parts when necessary.
4. Error 13. This code means “Paper Jam”. The first thing you can do to solve this problem is to check on your paper. See to it that it matches what is specified for your printer model. Some HP printers may have problems when you load thick paper inside them. In view of this, you should check HP’s paper guide.
5. Error 14. This can be an indicator of “No EP or Toner Cartridge.” This is one of the HP printer error codes that may confuse you especially if you have installed your HP cartridges. Well, how can you solve this then? Simply pull out the cartridge and reinstall them again.
6. Error 16. This HP printer error code is short for “Toner Low”. This might mean that you already have an empty printer cartridge. But at times this can also mean that the printer toner is not distributed evenly. When this is the case, simply shake the printer cartridge from back to front and side to side.
7. Error 21. Also known as HP printer error code for “Print Overrun”, this problem can be solved by seeing to it that your printing job is not too complex. You may be required to makes some adjustments with your document’s font size.
There are still other HP printer error codes that may come out depending on the printer model you own. You can check on the manual that comes with your HP printers when these codes appear on the printer’s display.