Carey Paris, a writer for Articlesbase.com, said that photo printing used to involve time and effort. It involved buying a film, taking the shot, taking the film back to the processor and getting the printed output. Not only is this process tedious; you might end up having a family photo you never wanted. In this day and age when you can scan and print photos on your own, you can use the following smart tips:
1. Open your scanner’s software program. You can install it on your PC’s or laptops. From there, you can open the scanner lid and place the photo on top of the device’s bed then close the lid before you press the word “Scan” (usually seen along the small buttons found on the machine).
2. Preview the scanned family photo. You would certainly want to make sure you won’t end up messing the printouts. This is why this tip is very essential in the process. You can preview the photo using your PC. Make sure that the borders are straight and even.
3. Edit the image. Have you seen a member of your family with a red eye on the photo? Well, you simply have to use the “Red Eye Removal” button on the right side of the “Edit Pictures” section found in the Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
4. Use editing tools. Aside from “Red Eye Removal”, you also have tools to adjust “brightness and contrast”, “color”, “rotate and flip” and crop. You can use any of these tools to make sure you have captured a perfect family photo before you even print them.
5. Rescan the photo. This is when you have made changes to the original photo you have scanned.
6. Put your photo printer into work. Before doing that, you can load the printer with photo paper. Then, you can press the “Print” button found on your PC, right in the spot where the scanned family photos can be found.
7. Clean old photos before scanning. Who says scanning and printing family photos can only be made possible using newly-taken pictures? The truth is that you can restore your old photos and print a new version. Scanning the picture to be converted to its digital format will require another process that you must be familiar with.
8. Get quick tips from your photo printer provider. Notice that some printers have built-in scanners in them. These ones may require other steps aside from those provided above. In this case, you need to seek the help of the photo printer provider to make sure you have placed a captivated picture nicely in print.
These are smart tips you should bear in mind if you want to spend lesser time scanning and printing your family photos. You need not seek expert’s help as long as you have tried the process once.
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of PrintCountry News Articles.