One of the best things about the Apple iPad is its magnificent high-resolution graphics, its crystal-clear LCD screen and the fact that all you ever need is, quite literally, just a touch away. But while a touch-screen tablet computer makes things a lot easier for you, it can be prone to smudges, scratches and even accidents like spilt coffee or juice.
You can protect your beloved iPad from all these things by using a screen protector. This comes in many forms, shapes, sizes and even features. Often, the variety of screen protectors can make it difficult for you to choose the best one for your Apple iPad. But we’re here to help you narrow down your choice by giving you tips and advice on how to choose the best one.
1. Go for quality instead of cost or affordability. Because you bought an Apple iPad, you probably will have to scrimp a little to recuperate from that huge expense. But don’t get too thrifty when buying a screen protectors. Make sure to get one that is made from quality material. You can check if the protector is good enough by feeling and touching it–it shouldn’t be too thin or flimsy nor should it be too thick. Sometimes it’s hard to get the air bubbles out when you attach protectors that are too thick on your iPad’s screen.
2. It’s better to get a protector that offers additional features. Don’t just get any screen protector. If you’re going to spend additional money to pimp your iPad, then might as well spend a little bit more to get extra protection and features. There are screen protectors, for instance, that also have anti-glare features. Others are fingerprint-resistant and even offer privacy from nosy neighbors.
3. Check what’s included in the box or package. Good screen protectors for the Apple iPad cost somewhere between $20 to a whopping $70, so it’s good to make sure that you get the most out of your hard-earned cash. Some screen protector packages include a microfiber cleaning cloth, applicators and even a cleaning spray. Others give you two screen protectors for the price of one. Shop around to look for the best bargains.
4. Ask for your friends’ opinions, do extensive research and read reviews. You won’t be able to test screen protectors, so it’s best that you do your research first before buying one. Some people have reported that certain brands were hard to install and resulted in unsightly air bubbles. Others say that they had problems with some types of screen protectors, since the touch-screen sensitivity of the Apple iPad was minimized. Go online and browse through the manufacturer’s sites and user reviews to help you find the best screen protector.
5. If you can, go for antiglare screen protectors. While the Apple iPad may boast of exceptional graphics, many users have reported (pardon the pun) glaring problems with it. The iPad gets pretty difficult to use under harsh light or sunlight, and reading on it for long periods of time results in painful eyestrain. There are a lot of antiglare screen protectors available, which can remedy this.
You spent good money on your Apple iPad, and it’s worth it to spend a little bit more to protect this tablet computer. Buy the best screen protector that fits you and your iPad’s needs by following the useful tips outlined above.
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of PrintCountry News Articles.