Have you tried looking into the list of Samsung laser printers and Brother laser printers? These ones may not be as popular as Canon, HP or Lexmark but they have also been trying hard enough to gain cognizance in the market for color laser printers. Want to know which one is a better choice between the two?
Samsung laser printers
Samsung’s website adage says “Samsung is the right choice for any workload”. This means that you can trust its printers when it comes to your home office or large office printing needs. To prove that it can indeed carry all the printing work for you, take a look at some of the black and white and color laser printers from the company.
1. Samsung ML2525W. This black and white laser printer costs around $149.99. Ituses a 1-sheet manual tray and is very compact. Despite its size, it can provide you with a simple and fast wireless connection. It is most ideal for a small office environment and can print up to 24ppm.
2. Samsung ML450N. This black and white laser printer is designed for bigger offices and costs around $599.99. It combines both reliability and productivity. It has increased memory and printing speeds that allows you to print 38ppm. It features an option to connect wirelessly with a LAN system.
3. Samsung CLP-315. Costing around $199.99, this color laser printer uses Samsung compatible ink has a compact design that comes with a quiet printing feature. It can provide color printing at 4ppm while it delivers 17ppm for its black printing output. You will be surprised that this printer can fit into any home office desk or even inside a book shelf.
4. Samsung CLP-770ND. This combines the functions of a duplex and laser printer. Its price is set at $999.99 and is ideal for business offices. This can print as much as 120,000 sheets in a month.
Brother laser printers
Brother also released black and white as well as color laser printers in the market. The list includes:
1. Brother HL-3040CN. This color laser printer can print up to 17ppm for its Brother black toner cartridge. It has a compact design making you save much on workspace. Its paper tray can hold as much as 250 sheets. It also has a built-in Ethernet network. For all these features, you can buy the product at around $299.99
2. Brother HL-4040CDN. This color laser printer costs $399.99 and contains both duplex and network printing features. It can print as much as 21ppm using its black toner cartridge and allows you to print directly from your camera or USB.
3. Brother HL-2140. This compact black and white laser printer can be purchased for only $119.99. It contains an 8mb memory and can print up to 23ppm.
4. Brother HL-2170W. Also one of the black and white Brother laser printers, this one costs $149.99. It can print as much as 23ppm but its standard memory is set at 32mb. It also contains built-in Ethernet and wireless network interfaces.
Now who wins the battle – Samsung laser printers or Brother laser printers?
If you will browse into the websites of Samsung and Brother, you will notice that Samsung offers more laser printers than that of Brother. This means that you have plenty of choices at varying prices.
By looking at the examples provided above, Samsung laser printers have some of the most expensive printers on its list. But this is all because these are heavy duty printers that can fulfill larger office requirements. When it comes to its compact personal laser printers, the price and performance is at par with those of Brother laser printers. Take note however that Brother’s duplex and networking printer is cheaper by $600 than that of Samsung’s version.
Therefore, if you want to save on cost yet you want to enjoy great features, Brother laser printers are great choices. But if you are after laser printers for higher printing volumes, Samsung wins the battle.
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of PrintCountry News Articles.